Mieco’s Houston Natural Gas marketing and trading team buys and sells physical natural gas throughout the United States in order to meet the requirements of our consumers and producers. We trade on all major pipelines across the country and supply multiple natural gas end-users while helping producers’ with their marketing and selling needs.
Through aggregated gas marketing and streamlined infrastructure, we are able to better the pricing of major marketers, reduce our customers’ performance risk, and ensure physical reliability. Our flexible communications create a solid partnership that includes 24/7/365 availability.
To compliment your physical gas needs, the Houston Natural Gas division offers producers and end-users effective ways manage their price risk. We offer derivative structures for hedging and financial trading needs to optimize your production value or minimize your supply costs. We also provide a complete range of producer services, including timely reconciliation of volumes, accurate payment details, contract administration services, transportation management, and an array of risk management tools. And our investment grade corporate backing assures timely payment with no credit risk.
Quality Services Include:
- Consulting for Wholesale Natural Gas Supply, Marketing, and Trading needs
- Term, Spot, Swing, and NYMEX traded instruments via ICE, CME, broker, electronic and direct market contacts
- Risk management and price hedging structures through Nymex, Nymex look-a-like/Swaps, and Option Strategies for Natural Gas, NGL’s, and Crude
- Tools to eliminate Basis, Index, and Price risk
- Asset Management agreements to optimize Natural Gas transportation and storage
- Credit enhancing tools – Funds Transfer Agreements (FTA’s) and Purchase Receivables (POR) programs designed to maximize gas purchasing power
- Prepayment and Pay as You Go Programs available to qualified counterparts
- Pipeline scheduling and nominations
- Physical balancing, cash-outs and volume reconciliation
- NAESB and ISDA payment offsets
- Contract administration
- Competitive pricing
Contact Information for Mieco Houston
Adam Herndon – Vice President
Pete Milosek – Manager of Physical Trading and Marketing (Producer Services and Natural Gas Supply)
Doug Dowies – Physical Operations and Scheduling
Eric Boswell – Intra-month Financial Trader
Christy Tittle – Confirmations